Tuesday, February 21, 2012

[INTERVIEW]Teen Top Marie Clair Magazine




What song do you listen to the most these days?

I’ve started listening to American pop songs again. “High School Musical 3: Senior Year” is my favorite movie so I’ve been listening to the OST.

What’s the last thing you think before going to sleep, and what’s the first thing you think when you wake up?

Ah, it’s good. Ah, I don’t want to.

You’re majoring in Applied Music. There are many things to experience and to learn, how do you want to spend your university years?

I want to make a lot of friends and I want to experience all that I can. As an Applied Music major, I want to expand my singing skills.

Which member has a strange habit?

Me. Whenever I get nervous or have to go on stage, I have to drink water.

You’re a person who has a lot of bright and lovely expressions, but I am sure there were times you’ve been depressed. When were these times?

I am very happy that we are getting a lot of love from people, but when I think of how I have no freedom, I get downcast. Also when I am sad or depressed, but have to hide my emotions in front of the public.




There must not be a lot of free time, but what do you like to do when you’re by yourself?

I like watching movies or watching the city scenery. I also like being alone with my thoughts. I like walking so I go on hikes often.

Is there anything that the general population has a misunderstanding of you or maybe something that people don’t really know about you?

Because I am very bright and play around a lot, fans think I’m always like this, but I am a kid who has a lot of thoughts, is earnest, and has a lot of tears.

What’s the longest you’ve slept recently?

Because we’re in the middle of comeback promotions, I’ve only been able to sleep for five or six hours. Some people say that that is sleeping a lot, but for me, it’s too little.

Going beyond popularity, what kind of group do you hope Teen Top will grow to be?

A group that puts on such an impressive performance that people watching will be moved to tears.

Because you started being a celebrity at a very young age, you have met more people that other kids your age. What kind of people do you dislike?

I don’t like selfish people. People who only think of themselves and don’t respect others.





You’re a black belt in martial arts, but what’s one thing you are scared of the most?

UFO. I was really interested in it before, but now I am getting more and more frightened.

Fans say that you’ve gotten very mature. Do you feel a change, too?

No. On a day-to-day basis, I can’t feel a difference, but when I compare old videos to current ones, I can see that my face has changed and my image in general is different.

You guys got 1st place on music shows. What do you think about your popularity?

I haven’t been able to feel any popularity. Since people really like us, we will try that much harder.

Not as Changjo, the member of the popular group, but as Choi Jonghyun, what are your hopes and dreams?

I want to construct a building in my name and inside that building, I want to start a vocal and dance academy. Since I really love dancing, I want to help those who have dreams of becoming singers.

In your opinion, which musician has held the best performance?

Usher and Taeyang. They sing dramatic songs on stage and the way they dominate the stage is handsome. There are so many points to model myself after. I will try hard.


You write rap lyrics. Please tell us what kind of rap lyrics you want to write.

I don’t have one specific style. I want to be able to experience and digest many different genres of music.

I heard that your hobby was bothering Niel. I take this as that you guys are really close. I’m curious as to when, why, and how you bother him.

When we need some laughs, or when I’m bored (laughs).

I saw a picture of you reading a book. What’s the most recent book that you’ve read? How was it?

It was a book titled “Laughter.” I have to read it a couple more times to understand it, but the author’s creativity overflows and he verbalized and expressed what laughter was. It was a new and fun experience.

Every leader has their “know-hows.” What’s your own way to lead the members well? The way you see it, are there any “Beware” signs for the members?

My method is that there is no such thing as hyung-dongsaeng, but that we are all friends. We are not alone, but we are a team that should help one another to grow and develop.

What kind of person are you?

Outwardly, I look very strong and quiet, but actually I am very shy and I am a simple young man who enjoys talking about anything and everything with the person I like.

There are 6 members in Teen Top and you guys have a packed schedule, so there would be a lot of times where you are exhausted. And there would have been times where you got pissed off at another member for no reason. What’s something that helps Teen Top come together as one?

More that anything, practice. When practicing, we have to match our movements and all of a sudden we are exhibiting cooperation again. And if we finish our practice fast, we can go back to the dorms!

Fans call you a “Speech Fool.” What do you think about this?

When I’m with the members only, I speak well. It’s that because it’s broadcast, there are a lot of strangers near me and I can’t speak well (laughter). I acknowledge this nickname.

What do you think about the work that you are doing? What kind of future do you dream of while promoting?

I am very satisfied with what I am doing and in the future I hope to become an even bigger person who is acknowledged as a singer by the rest of the world. And after that, I want to travel the world.

I heard that the reason “Niel Jackson” became a singer was because of Michael Jackson. Who is a musician who has captured your heart these days?

I think Chris Brown has captured my heart. I am singing a lot of Chris Brown songs these days.

If you were given a week of alone-time, what do you want to do?

First of all, I would sleep for two days. Just lying down at home. For the next four days, I want to play and have a lot of fun. With these crazy kids and my family. And on the last day, I will sleep again (laughter). It’s a break to prepare me for the next day’s practice.


How was it acting in your “Crazy” music video?

At first, I didn’t have any confidence, but I got used to it and Kwon Sohyun sunbae-nim made it comfortable so we were able to film it well.

You compose. It wouldn’t be easy to do while in the middle of promotions, but what kind of music do you want to compose? Who’s your favorite composer? Is there a musician who is your role model?

For a few weeks, the song that I composed was used as a radio logo song so I was very happy. I admire Black Eyed Peas and will.i.am.

What are some pros and cons of being a member of Teen Top?
A pro is that I am happy. A con is that I am too happy.

What’s one thing that you have had the most interest in recently?

I’ve gotten to really like hats these days. Collecting hats has become a hobby.

You get a lot of questions from fans, but you’ve never been able to ask them questions. What’s one thing you are curious about your fans? Especially something you’re curious about female fans. Or maybe just something you’re curious about females in general.

What do you think my good points and bad points are?











No comments:

Post a Comment